Solidsocial Advertising Policies
The advert Review Process
What To Do If Your Ad is Rejected?
Safety and Privacy
Things You Should Know
Understanding our policies
Solidsocial follows processes and principles when removing advertisers from the Solidsocial Ads platform. As a Web3 platform, we strive to make it as transparent and seamless as possible for everyone involved.
Our Advertising Policies guide what types of ad content are allowed. When advertisers place an ad, each ad is reviewed against these policies.
If you think that your ad was mistakenly disapproved, you can request a review of the decision by reaching out to us at [email protected]
Be aware that violating our ad policies may lead to enforcement action against your profile, associated Pages and/or ad accounts. Enforcement actions may include:
Disabling associated Pages Disabling existing ads
Restricting the ability to run new ads Limiting the ability to merge Pages
2. The advert review process
Our ad review system relies primarily on automated tools to check ads against our Advertising Policies. This happens automatically before ads begin running and is typically completed within 24 hours or less. The ad's status will be "In review" during this review. Additionally, ads may be reviewed again, including after they are live.
3. What to do if your ad is rejected?
Create a new ad or edit your ad: You may create a new ad or revise your ad to comply with our Advertising Policies. These ads will be treated as new ads and reviewed by our ads review system.
If you believe that the ad was incorrectly rejected, you can request a review of the decision by sending us a mail [email protected]
4. Prohibited content
1. Community Standards
Adverts must not violate Solidsocial Community Standards.
2. Illegal products or services
Adverts targeted to minors must not promote products, services or content that are inappropriate, illegal or unsafe, or that exploit, mislead or exert undue pressure on the age groups targeted.
3. Discriminatory practices
Ads must not discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes such as race, ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, or medical or genetic condition.
4. Tobacco and related products
Advertisements must not promote tobacco products, related paraphernalia, electronic cigarettes, vaporisers, or other products that simulate smoking.
5. Unsafe substances
Ads must not promote the sale or use of illicit or recreational drugs, or other unsafe substances, products or supplements, as determined by Solidsocial in its sole discretion.
6. Weapons, ammunition or explosives
Ads must not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition or explosives.
7. Adult products or services
Ads promoting sexual and reproductive health products or services, such as contraception and family planning, must target people aged 18 and older and must not focus on sexual pleasure.
8. Third-party infringement
Ads must not contain content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights.
9. Sensational content
Ads must not contain shocking, sensational or excessively violent content.
10. Personal attributes
This includes direct or indirect assertions or implications about a person's race, ethnicity, religion, beliefs, age, sexual orientation or practices, gender identity, disability, physical or mental health (including medical condition), vulnerable financial status, voting status, membership in a trade union, criminal record or name.
Solidsocial prohibits ads that include content debunked by third-party fact-checkers. Advertisers that repeatedly post information deemed to be false may have restrictions placed on their ability to advertise on Solidsocial.
12. Controversial content
Ads must not contain content that exploits crises or controversial political or social issues for commercial purposes.
13. Non-functional landing page
Adverts must not direct people to non-functional landing pages. This includes landing page content that interferes with a person's ability to navigate away from the page.
14. Grammar and profanity
Symbols, numbers, punctuation, grammar and letters must be used properly, without the intention of circumventing our ad review process or other enforcement systems.
15. Non-existent functionality
Ads must not contain images that portray non-existent functionality. This includes imagery that replicates play buttons, notifications or checkboxes, and ads containing features that do not work, such as multiple-choice options in the ad creative itself.
16. Multi-level marketing
Adverts promoting income opportunities must fully describe the associated product or business model and not promote business models that offer quick compensation for little investment, including multi-level marketing opportunities.
17. Low-quality or disruptive content
Ads must not contain overly sensationalised headlines or prompts for users to interact with the ad inauthentically, leading people to landing pages containing minimal original content and a majority of unrelated or low-quality ad content.
18. Spyware or malware
Adverts must not contain spyware, malware or any software that results in an unexpected or deceptive experience. This includes links to sites containing these products.
19. Unacceptable business practices
Ads must not promote products, services, schemes or offers using deceptive or misleading practices, including those meant to scam people out of money or personal information.
20. Prohibited financial products and services.
Ads must not promote financial products and services frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.
Ads may not promote cryptocurrency trading platforms, software and related services and products that enable monetisation, reselling, initial coin offering (ICO), swapping or staking of cryptocurrencies.
22. Sale of body parts
Ads must not promote the sale of human body parts or fluids.
23. Inflammatory content
Ads must not contain claims that a person or group of people are a threat to the physical safety, health or survival of others based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, caste, sex, gender, gender identity, serious disease, disability or immigration status. Ads must not promote violent or dehumanising speech, statements of inferiority or contempt or disgust based on any community member's protected characteristics or immigration status.
24. Militarised social movements and violence-inducing conspiracy networks
Ads must not contain praise, support or representation of individuals or groups with ties to violence.
5. Restricted content
Ads promoting or referencing alcohol must comply with all applicable local laws, required or established industry codes, guidelines, licences and approvals, and include age and country targeting criteria consistent with Solidsocial's targeting requirements and applicable local laws.
Ads for dating services are only allowed with prior written permission. Reach out to us at [email protected]
3. Online gambling and gaming
Ads that promote online gambling and gaming where monetary value (including cash or digital/virtual currencies, e.g. bitcoin) is required to play, and anything of monetary value forms part of the prize, are only allowed with our prior written permission. This includes games where purchases are required to continue gameplay and/or provide an advantage in winning prizes, in cases where the prize is of monetary value. Authorised advertisers must follow all applicable laws, including targeting their ads by following legal requirements. At a minimum, ads may not be targeted at people under 18 years of age.
4. Promotion of online pharmacies
Solidsocial requires online pharmacies who wish to run ads to be certified and present their means of certification to us. Send us a mail at [email protected]
5. Subscription services
Adverts for subscription services or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-play conversion billing products or mobile marketing are subject to our subscription services requirements.
6.a Ads about social issues, elections or politics
Advertisers can run ads about social issues, elections or politics, provided that the advertiser complies with all applicable laws and the authorisation process required by Solidsocial. Where appropriate, Solidsocial may restrict issue, electoral or political ads. In addition, certain content related to elections may be prohibited in specific regions ahead of voting.
6.b Disclaimers for ads concerning social problems, elections, or politics.
Suppose Solidsocial's ad authorisation process is available in your country and complies with the Community Standards and Advertising Policies. In that case, the disclaimer you submit for your ad about social issues, elections or politics must abide by the following guidelines. This information is provided by you during the ad authorisation process and will be displayed on your ad's header.
7. Social casino games
Ads for social casino games, which are online games that simulate casino gambling (e.g. poker, slots, roulette etc.) where there is no opportunity to win money or money's worth, are only allowed if they are targeted to people 18 years or older.
8. Promotion of prescription drugs
Ads may not promote prescription drugs without prior written permission. Reach out to us at [email protected]
9. Usernames or passwords
Adverts must not request usernames or passwords, including usernames and passwords for existing and new accounts. If you want to direct people to sign up for an account with your site or service, you should use the Clicks to Website or Website Conversions objective when you run your adverts.
6. Safety & Privacy
1. Ensure that any ad data collected, received or derived from your Solidsocial ad is only shared with someone acting on your behalf, such as your service provider. You are responsible for ensuring that your service providers protect any Solidsocial advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit their use of all of that information and keep it confidential and secure.
2. Don't use Solidsocial advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers' campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags).
3. Phishing: Do not use an ad to promote a website that tricks a user into providing personal or other information.
4. Don't use Solidsocial advertising data, including the targeting criteria for your ad, to build, append to, edit, influence or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or another unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
5. Don't transfer any Solidsocial advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetisation-related service.
7. Things You Should Know.
1. The Advertising Policies apply to ads and commercial content served by or purchased through Solidsocial.
2. Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Failure to comply may result in various consequences, including cancelling the adverts you have placed and termination of your account.
3. We do not use sensitive personal data for advert targeting. Topics you choose for targeting your advert don't reflect the personal beliefs, characteristics or values of the people who use Solidsocial.
4. Once displayed, ads are public information. Ads may be re-shared and accessed outside of the targeted audience, including from the Solidsocial Page running the ads. If users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain on the Solidsocial platform (for example, shared until the users delete it)
If your ad is a political ad., Solidsocial may disclose your advertising content and all information associated with your advertising to a governmental entity or body if Solidsocial believes that disclosure would assist in a lawful investigation.
5. If you manage ads on behalf of other advertisers, each advertiser or client must be managed through separate ad accounts. You must not change the advertiser or client associated with an established ad account; set up a new account. You are responsible for ensuring that each advertiser complies with these Advertising Policies.
6. We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests or advertising philosophy.
7. For policies that require prior written permission, Solidsocial may grant these permissions. 8. These policies are subject to change at any time without notice.